What you need to know about MCSA Certifications
MCSA (Microsoft-Certified Solution-Associate) is one of the certifications programmes in the I.T (Information Technology) environment, which is open towards people seeking entry-level jobs. There are various areas in Microsoft MCSA where students can select from.
Some of the MCSA specialty areas include the following;
- MCSA B.I reporting: This showcases a person’s experience in handling both power BI as well as Excel.
- MCSA Cloud platform: This demonstrates one’s experience in handling cloud-related technologies, thus helping in the reduction of IT cost and adding more value to your business.
- MCSA data-engineering with Azure: Here, you are able to develop experience in engineering cloud data with HD insight & services.
- MCSA Linux-on-azure: This will enable you to design as well as implement cloud-enabled Linux platform.
- MCSA machine learning: This helps to operate Microsoft-azure machine-learning with R and SQL-R server.
- MCSA dynamic-365: This will help you to upgrade, configure as well as customize system.
- MCSA dynamic-365 operation: You will require this for the smooth operation of the above dynamic 365.
- MCSA office 365: This is required for cloud-hosted business and management systems.
- MCSA SQL-2016 BI development: Through this, you are able to showcase your skill as an expert in both on-premises and the cloud-based data base.
- MCSA SQL-2012/2014: This will enable you to make a breakthrough in developing and maintain next wave of mission-critical environment.
- MCSA Universal windows-platform: Provides exposure toward a wide range of windows products.
- MCSA windows-server 12, windows-server 16: Reduces IT cost and as a result, increases development.
All these come under Microsoft Certified-Programme (MCP). Students, after getting proper experience, can enter professional programmes offered by MCP and get certified by one or all the following certification programme:
- Microsoft Certified-Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified-Solutions Developer (MCSD)
- Microsoft Certified-Product Specialist (MCPS)
- Microsoft Certified-Trainer (MCT)
Microsoft is one of the well-established operation systems and one among the very best in the IT arena. The company provides jobs for various interns as well as students and professionals. Not everyone in this field is well adept with the intricacies of Microsoft, and this is where the introduction of Microsoft certification comes in. Now, MCP is mandatory for anyone that wishes to work with Microsoft, and has been identified as a standard for the quality of Microsoft products. Additionally, it has been identified as a benchmark for the skill of the employees hired by the firm.
MCSA 2012 or MCSA 2016 comes up with a variety of options which helps in the installation as well as implementation of storage systems. Such systems will be more advanced, hyper V & windows container that open a platform for linking UNIX or Linux, thus improving networking with DHCP, IP-address management & advanced infrastructure and DNS. It will also be instrumental in the administration of Active-Directory Domain-Services, Nano Server, group policy and more. MCSA Certification opens a gate to connect Microsoft with Linux Foundation.
The average pay scale of MCSA certified employee is about $90,000 to $100,000 per annum. Learners who are looking to have this certificate should have some familiarity, say 2 to 3 years of experience with Windows server and this environment. The MSCA is an intermediate level certification which does not require any prerequisite training or certifications.
As I mentioned above, there are expert levels of MCP, and MCSE (Microsoft-Certified Systems-Engineer) is one among them. The main difference between MCSA and MCSE is that MCSE is expert level while MCSA is entry-level. MCSE certification requires a high level of knowledge and skills whereas MCSA is a ready-to-go option.
MCSA vs MCSE
The employee in MCSE will be a system administrator whereas the MCSA employee will be a system engineer. When MCSA certified people will be dealing with data base system and computer support system, MCSE certified professional often works on Security, network managing, system programming, etc. Like MCSA programme, there are so many fields in MCSE programme where people can choose. (Some MCSE below are retired, contact MCSECertification.ORG support to help you with the updated replacement)
- MCSE server-infrastructure
- MCSE privet cloud
- MCSE enterprises, devices & apps
- MCSE data platform
- MCSE business-intelligence
- MCSE messaging
- MCSE communication
- MCSE share point.
To meet MCSA certification, you must crack the examination provided by MCSA. A candidate seeking MCSA exam should pass three or two core exams according to their area of interest or specialization. These exams cost around $80 to $160 but it is mandatory as it stands as the first step in getting certified in MCSA. Additionally, it is also a gateway for more professional certificates. Jobs offered to the MCSA certified people would range from teaching faculties to system administrators. Also, they can pursue any of the fields mentioned above.
Exam patter for MCSA as at 2016 was Microsoft Exams 70-740 (installation as well as Storage, and Compute with Windows-Server 2016), 70-741(networking with Windows-Server 2016), and 70-742 (identity with Windows-Server 2016). Time allotment is 120 minutes per exam. Number of questions ranges from 40 to 60 depending on the exam and the pass mark is around 600. Question type includes; Build List, Active Screen, Case Study, Hot Area, Drag And Drop, Multiple Choice/Best Answer, Multiple Choice/Multiple Answer, Multiple Choice/Single Answer And Short Answer.
Candidates that wish to clear MCSA can go to certified training-centers or can choose to do a distinct study while in high school or college. Candidates can also go through Microsoft’s self-study web and services. MCSA is an easy exam but cracking MTA (Microsoft-Technology-Associate) is simpler. There are various online training sessions for the proper training and guiding the candidates to success.
In this fast-growing Information Technology world, the most promising field is MSCA as it enables the candidate to work according to their choice. All they need to do is crack the entry-level exam and get proper training.
With experience, you can enter into the professional level of MCP which provides more financially secure jobs depending on your specialization.